We are delighted to announce the launch of a brand new website for Barts Guild – a charity that has supported patients and staff at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London for over 100 years.
Founded in 1911, the Guild’s dedicated volunteers raised funds for equipment and provided bedding and clothing for patients during both world wars. Nowadays the Guild operates the Hospital’s shop and trolley service alongside awarding grants for equipment and training that benefit patients, staff and students.
It was an absolute pleasure to work with this spectacular organisation and help them build a web presence to match their dedication and enthusiasm, introducing an online shop, helping the Guild attract new members and providing staff at Barts with the ability to submit grant applications online.
What does the new website include?
Barts Guild was very ambitious in terms of their digital vision and we enjoyed helping them realise it. We had a great partnership throughout the project. The finished product is a newly designed and developed website that is fully integrated with Donorfy, a 3rd party CRM and with the e-commerce platform WooCommerce, enabling a fully functioning online shop. There is also an online member joining page with different membership grades, a section for becoming a volunteer or applying for a grant and different content sections which highlight the Guild’s events, news, volunteer stories and more.
The project life-cycle:
The project comprised a series of steps to ensure that the finished product will meet the bespoke needs of the Guild. The planning and research stages were very important for understanding their goals and user audience. Once the planning stage was complete, it was possible to tailor an optimal experience set to deliver the best results.
- We began by running a series of User Experience Workshops and developing User Personas.
- We then planned the content and structure of the website to meet the needs and expectations of the users and drew up a set of wireframes.
- We created a brand new design, including an update of the Guild’s logo.
- We then set off to develop the website, including full integration with the e-commerce platform and donation platform, to enable users to purchase seamlessly online, while collecting all of the data in the Guild’s CRM.
- We made sure to build the site in a way that was flexible, easy to update and able to evolve over time.
The finished product
The new website includes:
- A fully functioning online shop (integrated with WooCommerce)
- A membership joining page with an option to choose different membership options (integrated with Stripe)
- A donations & fundraising section (integrated with Donorfy)
- A ‘Become a Volunteer’ section
- An ‘Apply for a Grant’ section
- News, events, publications, volunteer stories and other content areas
- Social media integration
It is also built to the latest modern standards to ensure search engine optimisation, optimal viewing on any device (fully responsive) and the latest safety and security features.
Working with Pedalo – in particular Guy – was a pleasure. At every stage of the process we were able to enjoy a constructive two-way dialogue in a relaxed atmosphere that enabled the project to proceed smoothly and on time. Simon did an excellent job on the design, evoking the history of Barts while providing a modern look, and Alessandro and his team expertly turned that vision into the finished site. I would wholeheartedly recommend Pedalo to any organisation looking to upgrade their online presence, and particularly those working in the charity sector. – Phil Moss, Website Manager, Barts Guild
We invite you to visit the new website and let us know what you think!