Website information architecture is the structure that defines the user experience. It is the ordering of the content that will appear and the development of IA is the art and science of organizing and labelling websites or any digital products.
The information architecture describes how a digital product will fit together, how users will navigate within your site and most importantly can help users find information and complete tasks.
The benefits of Information Architecture Analysis
- Improve conversions by helping users understand where they are and where to go to accomplish their goal
- Use simple, clear language on your site to make it easy to understand
- Reduce the bounce rate by facilitating the user journey throughout your site
- Eliminate redundant content
- Better “findability” – help users find and understand your site message and products more easily
- Understand your website users’ key goals and needs.
What will you discover?
Our recommendations will help you determine what changes need to be made to your site, what to remove and what to edit. We also give feedback and propose names for your navigation, page titles and landing pages.
How is it done?
To improve your site’s IA, we combine an expert analysis of the following techniques: content inventory, navigation labels, page titles etc. – together with quantitative research methods like card sorting and tree testing.
Projects can involve all or just some of the techniques mentioned above, depending on your goals. The workshop can be conducted face-to-face or online.
Get in touch to find out how improving your information architecture can optimise your website experience.