Website information architecture (IA) is the structure and ordering of content to ensure it maximises user engagement. The information architecture describes how a digital product fits together, how items are labelled and categorised, and how users navigate within your site. Most importantly, it can help users find relevant information and complete tasks.
The benefits of Information Architecture Analysis
- Improve conversions by helping users understand where they are and where to go to accomplish their goal
- Develop simple, clear language on your site to make it easier to understand
- Reduce bounce rate
- Eliminate redundant content
- Better ‘findability’ – helping users find and understand your site message and products
- Understand your website users’ key goals and needs
What will you discover?
Our recommendations will help you determine what changes need to be made to your site, including what to remove and what to edit. We also give feedback and propose names for your navigation, page titles and landing pages.
How is it done?
To improve your site’s IA, we combine an expert analysis of content inventory, navigation labels, page titles etc, together with quantitative research methods like card sorting and tree testing.
Projects can involve all or just some of the techniques mentioned above, depending on your goals. The workshop can be conducted face-to-face or online.
Get in touch to find out how improving your information architecture can optimise your website’s user experience.