What is Drupal?
Imagine that you could walk into the Lamborghini factory and build your own car from the ground up, every nut and bolt according to your own specifications. That’s Drupal. We are a specialist Drupal development agency located in London, consider us your “Lamborghini” experts.
Extremely powerful and structured towards high performance, Drupal is the “Lamborghini” of enterprise level content management systems. Except fully customisable. It is award winning, open source software maintained and developed by a community of more than one million members, with endless options and functionality modules.
It is better not think of it as a ready made content management system but a framework on top of which an entirely customisable CMS can be built, which means the sites we build can be perfectly crafted just for you.
Over a million members worldwide can’t be wrong.
With a strong community continuously working to improve the Drupal framework and the functionality it supports, innovation comes hand in hand.
Security is also hugely important to the Drupal organisation and remains a top concern, given the number of people who depend on it, it’s reassuring to know there many eyes on the lookout for possible threats.
There are more than 30,000 community contributed add-ons, or modules, available to extend Drupal’s core capabilities. This means that our developers can use existing modules to implement functionality quickly, then concentrate on creating bespoke features, streamlining admin workflow, design/user experience and testing.
The benefits of Drupal:
- Modularity – bolt on functionality through existing modules
- Customisability – get under the hood, tailor to specification
- Flexibility – Change and adapt your site, create new functionality
- Scalability – Grow your platform in line with your organisation
- Security – watched over by millions, regular security patches
- Portability – Re-use elements of your site for new purposes (micro-site, sister sites)
The fact that Drupal is fully customizable means that we can build the system to fit any level of experience, so that it’s as easy or complex to maintain, edit content and update as you like.
Would you like your Lamborghini Hybrid? No problem. Like to add racing tyres? Sure, why not.
If a certain feature is requested and the module supporting it doesn’t currently exist, we build our own. In this way, we also contribute and play an active part in the Drupal community.
So if you want your Lamborghini to sprout wings and fly, we can do that for you. Later on, others will be able to enjoy their flying Lamborghinis as well, thanks to you.
Our Drupal Services include:
- Drupal Web Design and Build
- Drupal Theming
- Drupal Module Customisation
- 3rd Party Integration
- Ecommerce – Drupal Commerce, Ubercart
- Application Integration
- Drupal Version Upgrades
- Drupal Consultancy
- Ongoing Management / Support
Our Work With Drupal:
Since Drupal offers a sophisticated programming interface, it is mostly used by experienced developers, and in the right hands offers a wide range of unique features and capabilities. Some of the interesting projects we’ve done include:
- CRM Integration for IOM 3
- Creating an interactive map with four separate data sources for Beating Bowel Cancer
- Developing a bespoke Drupal module for displaying internal ads for Care International
We’ve had the privilege of being a part of some very innovative projects and are always looking for the next challenge.
Click on the buttons below to check out our client portfolio or contact us for more details.