UX Persona Development
A UX persona is a fictional character which represents one of your key user groups, showing how it will use your site, content and functionality. When combined, these personas give an understanding of your general users’ requirements, preferences and expectations, which are essential to the user interface design.
The benefits of UX persona development
- Get a better understanding of your users and their expectations
- Enhance your understanding of what you’re trying to achieve through your website
- Evaluate design solutions and prioritise the most relevant features
- Identify your users’ needs and goals
- Increase conversions and online revenue by meeting user requirements
How is it done?
We usually start the process of designing a persona by looking at our client’s analytics and getting to know them and their organisation. We may also use questionnaires or surveys to get a wider set of data to help in the persona development stage.
A typical persona design process focuses on the following:
- Understanding the website audience with research and statistics
- Examining the client’s site usage patterns
- Bringing the character to life with biographical information and imagery
What will you discover?
In most cases user personas are validated for our clients, documented and included in a final report. With the report we aim to give you a better understanding of who your users are and the current limitations of your site. Does your site meet the users’ needs? Does it speak their language? These questions can be answered by comparing the personas to your website, and then adjusting it accordingly.
Get in touch to understand how persona development can help you improve your website experience.